Saturday, January 24, 2009

Belly Tubing!

Bob, Bryan, and Gary
At Least Someone Had A Camera!


Big Bear Some Year--Bryan is in the Flaps

I can't remember which year it was, but the snow was no good. We went to Bear Mountain and paid to tube on this yucky man-made stuff. There was more dirt than fluffy snow. But we wanted to let the kids play and Bryan liked tubing better than skiing in those days. He had some buddies with us in the cabin. I remember meeting his friend Gary for the first time. I didn't take a lot of pictures. I was busy I guess, with the three little ones.
Anyway, we were hopeful even if the conditions weren't perfect. We got there and on the very first run, Uncle B talked Reilly into going down with him. They loaded up on the huge inner tube, Uncle B on bottom, of course. Reilly was perched precariously on his back, clutching his sweatshirt for dear life. I am not sure what I was doing, probably bundling up one of the babies, but I was not ready with my camera when they came flying down the icy slope. Can I just say SHUCKS? Because if I HAD taken a picture, I feel certain that we would be the recipients of the America's Funniest Home Video Grand Prize. Bryan was grinning from ear to ear and making some brave war cries. Reilly was terrified and joining in the screaming, but it wasn't courageous.
They hit a bump (you knew it was coming!) and off they soared through the sky. I must admit that I laughed. Isn't that wrong? I know I should have been terrified for my little girl as she flew through the air but it was just so darn funny to see. I soooooo wish I had the video poised and ready. Instead, I just laughed. My mom panicked. We all started to run to them. But here is the best part--Bryan landed first and then Reilly girl plopped right down on top of him. They finished the ride down the slope on Uncle B's belly! He had buffered her fall, saved the day. Too bad I didn't get a picture!




No comments:

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!