Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Cousin Shares a Story:

A Memory from Briann (Klungreseter), Bryan's Cousin about her brother, Kristopher Klungreseter and my brother:
"On Christmas morning I was helping my children open their gifts and trying to get a Ninja Turtle out of the annoying plastic they use to wrap things these days and I found myself remembering a Christmas that we spent in Lake Elsinore at our house there. You, Bryan, your mom and dad came to our house that day and my little brother got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Blimp thingie... Bryan spent two hours trying to put it together and inflate the blimp only to have it fly out of his hands and fly through the air as it deflated the balloon and it only stopped flying when it smacked into that wall where the fireplace was with the weird mirror. Bryan tried so hard to convince Kris that was how it was supposed to work and he smiled so big at my little brother that Kris finally believed him. Before you all left that day, Bryan inflated the blimp and left it in the living room for Kris to find in the morning. When Kris got up the next day and found his blimp that "his Bryan" had made for him, nothing could remove the smile from his face. (believe me, I tried...) From then on, my brother has shared a secret admiration and special place in his heart for your little brother. I don't even know if Kris remembers the blimp or where it all started but I do and I wanted to share. I just wanted you to know that even though my brother isn't the best with words and expressing himself, his heart aches along with the rest of us. I will carry my memories of your brother all the days of my life and will remember him forever."
Thanks for another glimpse of Bryan's big heart cousin. Love you! Kelly
PS I will post a better picture later but Briann is in the family pics (along with her parents) on the side of the blog. Her younger brother and sister weren't born yet. Hi Kris and Kiersten! And Uncle Karl and Aunt Rebecca! And the rest of you Hawaii family! :0
And thanks for the helpful hint Uncle Karl. Look! I did it. Now I can save the daily verses too:

1 Peter 3:8
January 28, 2009
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
Again, just what I needed to hear tonight! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Much to my older sister's Delight or Chargin ( I'm not sure which) My memory is wonderfully long. I recall mostly everything about that day, and some others since then, spent with Bryan. I remember that Holiday, and that for several days after, I would intentionally blow up, and deflate my 'Blimp thingie' trying to replicate the crazy flight my Cousin made it do for me. Like all of us here in the pacific, we miss you all terribly. And my always 'what if' wish was to have a life that hadn't drifted so far from California. Much Love from the Island of Rainbows and Sushi.

PS. He would have loved it here...except for the sand. Lots of it. Hooboy.

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!