Monday, March 2, 2009

Wee for the Wii

Uncle B and the kid's grandparents bought them a Wii last year. Bryan was almost as excited to try it out as my boys. If you have ever played the Wii, you know that a big part of the fun is "creating" your personal "mii"--or your player persona. His audience watched in rapt attention on the couch while he picked out his hair style, coloring, facial features, sun glasses, hat, eye brow shape, the whole nine yards. I wish I knew how to get a picture or copy an image of his mii here so you can see how classic it is! The HUGE funky sunglasses are a hoot.
He tested out all the games. Too bad I don't have videoed his maiden voyage into Wii Sports. Golfing, bowling, tennis, baseball--he mastered them all right before my children's very eyes. Remember, we grew up with Pong and Atari. He had an X-Box at his home; he was an experienced gamer. He shocked and awed my family. But the BEST was watching him box--oh man! He punched and performed and played the pugilist. It was a sight to behold. And the sound effects? Unbelievable, indescribable, uproarious. He was drenched in sweat when he finished. He was determined to become a "pro" status. I think he did that first day.
Some of you can't comprehend my Wii lingo here, so sorry. But here is the greatest part of the Wii: Uncle B pops up in the sports games as teammates or competitors. It is neat that he is immortalized on our video game. Thanks Uncle B, for the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!