Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Soundtrack for my Life...Today

Every time Jeremy Camp's song comes on our car radio (or our computer), my children cringe. I guess it was past due time to update my playlist. I forgot to put it on shuffle on so "There Will Be a Day" popped on every day. They are burnt out. I bet you are too. But I need to add a caveat to the music I added this time--it is mine. Not Bryan's. I am not sure he has heard but a few of them. But they are the songs that mark my life today. Where I am at this moment. In Track 2 I hear my sweet Savior's words to me, to you too. And "Show You Love" is my anthem for today. A reminder song--I am determined to let Love be my language as I interact with my neighbors, the lab technician, our librarian, my children, my mom, you. And the others? They represent my change in heart. My healing heart. God is good. All the time. I am blessed. I remember that today. These songs are mine. But I am a part of Bryan's story too, so indulge me. Or click on the pause button and read in silence. Bryan would not have chosen these songs. But if he were here, I would not be writing a blog. And so this music is for my heart while I sit here everyday and mine the wealth of treasures my memory holds. May it be a sweet sound to you too.

No comments:

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!