Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

San Diego Super Chargers-Didn't make it this year either!
Our family loves a good Super Bowl Sunday Party: the game, the food, the fun, the commercials (wasn't that Mr. and Mrs. PotatoHead one funny?). We just got back from one. Oh what an exciting game! Too bad for my Cardinals--I would have loved to see Kurt Warner get his ring. So close! I thrill in a good underdog story. Warner's story is classic. I couldn't help but root for him. Bryan loved underdogs too. Even as a kid, Bryan sought out the younger, weaker, geekier kids on the playground and befriended them. That is just who he was.
Bob and I are slowly watching some of the many Bryan movies from his dvd collection. The Goonies, The Sandlot, Brave Heart, Hoosiers, Rudy, Remember the Titans, you get the idea. All stories where the odds are stacked against one guy or one team. Yet against all odds, they defy the numbers, the circumstances and succeed! Bryan loved a good underdog just as much as me. Truthfully, I always kidded him about having a "Savior" complex--he so enjoyed caring for, rooting for and supporting the broken or brokenhearted. He was a merciful man.
Bryan was faithful to the Chiefs; he never switched to a stronger team. He didn't insist on always picking the winner. He was that kind of guy, loyal and faithful even when things looked bad and no hope was on the horizon. I loved that about him. I pray my sons grow up to have that tender heart that roots for the underdog.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Rose said...

What a neat story. You capture his life in such a beautiful way Kelly. You knew him well...it shows how close you were. I LOVE looking at all the pictures of your family. You have such a beautiful family. I pray that God continues to hold you and comfort you...continue to trust in your perfect Healer.

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!