Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Card

So I have been on Facebook again connecting with Bryan's old friends. Today was fun (thanks for the pictures Shelly). But I decided that since I have been suffering from brain fade I would go tonight to my parent's and get all his yearbooks and other stuff from a box in their garage (thanks Shannon). It was good. I found a birthday card that I sent him last year. If you came to his memorial, you heard me give Bryan's eulogy (along with my dad) and one thing I lamented then was that I was not sure if I told him what a neat guy he was or that I was so proud to be his sister. God is so good to put this card in my hands. Let me share with you the card I gave to my brother on his 36th birthday, one year ago, on February 5, 2008:

Brother
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. Proverbs 27:19
A great brother is a wonderful blessing.
A great brother is a good friend and an understanding listener.
He knows how to make everyone smile--
but he also knows when he just needs to be there with his care and support.
You can count on a brother like that.
And you love him, pray for him, and feel thankful for him, too--
on his birthday and always.
You have always been a great brother and wonderful friend. I'm so glad we're family.
Happy Birthday
"Bryan, You are one of my FAVORITE people. How blessed I am to have you as my brother. I thank God continually for YOU! 2008 is gonna be great! Praying for His joy, His peace, His light to be yours as you live out this next year of your life. I love you. Kelly"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, like I said, isn't God funny. I'm so thankful He made it possible for you to find the card and how it blessed and reassured you. As always, He continues to show Himself even in the very small things (like Shelly having the picture of Bryan in the white suit right after we were saying we wish we had it:-)

Love, Mom

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!