Monday, December 21, 2009

Look Alikes










Aidan at approxiamately the same age.






Bryan at Grandma Birthday's Home
Christmas 1978?



I remember this rocking-chair, that TV, that funny santa in the background, the simple little nativity with all the barn animals gazing down at baby Jesus. As soon as I saw this photo on my mom's fridge this week, a flood of memories (complete with smells--how weird it that?) washed over me. I have a musty memory unless it is dusted off by a sight or sound or smell! The sweet thing about this photo is that is reminds me so much of my Aidan, our middle son. He smiles the same tooth-hidden grin. A bit mischievous. A little melancholy. It surprises me how much they look alike. I have never really noticed it before. I have observed that Wyatt, our cousin, looks some like Bryan as a child. But I had not seen Uncle B and Aidan as familiar.
There are several other great Christmas photos in the slide show at the top of the blog. Just press the PLAY arrow in the center of the box and enjoy that sunny, beloved, goofy, funny face of Bryan's. And Santa's.







2 comments:

Carri Roman said...

Kelly what a beautiful blog. I remember you sharing with me last year at flag football. Thank God for memories and what beautiful ones they are. :)

Elizabeth Rose said...

How sweet that Aiden takes after his Uncle B. What a privelege!

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!