Friday, December 4, 2009

A Family Tree


Bryan's Family Tree
(Click on Image to see Enlarged View)


The first family activity for our Advent was to make a family tree. The Jesse Tree book begins by focusing on Isaiah 11:1-2 "Then a shoot will spring forth from the stem of Jesse and a branch from his root will bear fruit. And the Spirit of the Lord will rest upon Him." Jesus' tree went far back and had some amazing people in it. So does Bryan's!
After I made one for our children, I made a Tree for my brother (and me too). I wish I knew my grandfather's parents names. It is when I stop to think back that far that I realize that I don't know enough about my family stems and branches. I don't want to make that mistake with my kids. I want them to know where all the juicy fruit came from, and the nuts too :).
My brother's paternal side is mostly Norwegian. His maternal side is American Mixed-breed :)...I don't know if any one ancestry tops out in the blood from that side. I think that makes my brother 50% Norwegian- 50% Unknown stock.
Chime in family if I misspelled or made a mistake or if you can tell me Bestemor and Bestefar's names.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I will try to get you the correct names and spelling.Daddy's name was Anders Johannes Reinhardt and Bestamor was Signe Varpe and I will look up the correct spelling.Grandma Lolly was:Hjordis Sophia Bang.Peace and Love.....Aunty Ingy P.S.Yes I got your message and we are going to try to come on saturday.Is there a charge to get in?

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!