Monday, October 5, 2009
Today IS Monday. Last week when I was inspired to start this Monday habit, it was Tuesday. I have always been a day late and a dollar short. Since then, I have been savoring the sweet taste of blessings this week. In keeping with my new "thing" to share the gifts and treasure the moments on Multitude Mondays, I am keeping my list running. My heart has been filled with gratitude and thankfulness. Thanks Ann for this day-delighting idea. May I share some of my gifts--on my way to 1,000--with you today? Offered in random order.
39. a mother-in-love, especially the kind who offers to make birthdays brighter by bringing the cool crowd-pleasing cake!
40. little boy birthday party
41. forgiveness, even when I don't deserve it
42. new toys/birthday gifts to entertain even the grown-ups
43. old wedding photos
44. preserved wedding dresses
45. many hands helping, scurrying, pitching in to ready the house to receive guests
46. good friends to celebrate with
47. watching birthday boy blow out THREE candles--delightful despite the spittle :)
48. gifted women in the Body of Christ
49. new teddy bear Mondays
50. repaired trampoline--proven boy-wearer-outer; worn-out boys listen better
51. hand-me-downs, even the kind with holes in the knees
52. massage by candlelight
53. yuck-bugs; something a boy must have invented or at least inspired
54. Missionary Mondays--a chance to intercede for those who GO!
55. watching my dear mom finger paint with youngest child
56. biblical counseling
57. having an artist in the family--so handy for birthday party decorating/game playing
58. siblings--now that I am an only child, I sense the glory of having a sibling to stand by in hard times
59. oldest child embroidering
60. middle child who listens and obeys right away with a happy heart
61. Juniper-less yard, at LAST!
62. dream coming true--little girl's fulfilling a life long hope, Clara in the Nutcracker
63. breaking free of old bad habits, oldest's long nails are a sight to behold
64. "fwee" year old's special way of saying words: Garth Dader and DanMa
65. friendship quilts--hand stitched squares
67. braided daughter hair--not much longer will I be needed for little hair styling
68. listening to oldest child playing the piano
69. "learning sounds" of five students in a home: humming, reading aloud, sounding out, asking questions, correcting siblings, chuckling
70. cold pizza for breakfast
71. new frying pan: unexpected gift from a good friend
72. attempting to explain puns and jokes to little ears
73. Best, Worst and Weirdest dinnner table talk: you have to be there to get it
Oh the joy of my life. Remembering what I have makes it easier to remember what I don't. I miss you, Brother.
Posted by Reilly Fitzpatrick at 5:02 PM