Tuesday, October 27, 2009

39 Years and Counting


Happy (Belated) Anniversary Mom and Daddy!

Since my parents have been married for 39 years and since they have renewed their vows countless times--I only feel slightly peeved with myself for posting these CONGRATS so belatedly!
Our parents were first married as teenagers in 1970. Then they had a second wedding in the 80's some time. Then on a ship somewhere in the early 90's. I think even a marriage retreat too. Then...Bryan and I gave them a 25th Anniversary Party where they renewed their commitment to each other--AGAIN! They are married for life, I guess, after all those promises and vows.
The above photos were of the Surprise 25th Anniversary Party on October 14, 1995. After we feasted and they made new/old promises to one another, Bryan raised his glass to our parents. His toast was witty, eloquent and fitting. I wish I had a copy of his words--but then again, he didn't have a copy of his words. He always spoke extemporaneously--smoothly and sincerely. Bryan was gifted like that. He blessed my parent with his heartfelt praise of their example to him--in their years of togetherness and love.
So today, I toast Mr. & Mrs. David and Victoria Klungreseter. Your union of 39 years has brought many good things--first among them, your beautiful son. Here's to you, Mom and Daddy!**CHEERS**
"Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." Robert Browning

No comments:

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!