Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Stockings were Hung by the Chimney with Care...

My parents mantle with each of our stockings.

Wish you could see their footed pajamas. Too bad they don't carry them in my size!
Reilly, Kate Marie, Peter, Samuel, and Aidan on Christmas Eve

Peter/Joseph and blue-eyed baby Jesus in the beanbag/manger.














We spend Christmas Eve with my parents. My parents get us all new jammies. My dad makes his famous chicken tacos (this is a newer tradition--not a "since the beginning of time" tradition), the kids enjoy my parents Christmas choo-choo, we read the Christmas story found in Luke (this year the kids acted it out), we enjoy a candlelight church service and sing beloved carols. All these things work together to slow us down after the frenzied preparations and purchasing--I like focusing on the reason we celebrate. Bryan wasn't with us this year, for the second time in my life. I only shed a few tears. The wound is healing? Or maybe I am getting used to the fact that I will never be celebrating Jesus' birth with him on this earth. We sang the carol, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" on Christmas Eve. Its lyrics served as a poignant reminder:






"Hail the Heaven born Prince of Peace!



Hail the Son of Righteousness!



Light and Life to all He brings



Risen with healing in His wings



Mild He lays His glory by



Born that man no more may die



Born to raise the son's of earth



Born to give them second birth"






How beautifully these words express my Hope. Knowing that Bryan trusted Jesus and is with the Prince of Peace gives me great peace. Thanks Karen for the reminder!












No comments:

WARNING! Tissues Required-Video Slideshow of Bryan's Life-Sorry the music was muted!